Monday, August 06, 2012

New This Week

I'm trying to cut back on the number of print books I'm buying because of space issues, but this week I ran across a couple of old Westerns I wanted. THE TENDERFOOT KID is an early Peter Field novel, and in this case Harry Sinclair Drago was the actual author behind that house-name. Although later on the Field name was used exclusively on the Powder Valley series, featuring rancher Pat Stevens and his sidekicks Sam and Ezra (and I've read many of those), it also appeared on some stand-alone Western novels, and this is one of them. It's about a washed-up prizefighter who goes west, and I expect it to be a good one. CUTLER #5: MUSTANG is by H.V. Elkin again, which I've discovered in HAWK'S WESTERN SERIES AND SEQUELS is a pseudonym for Vernon Hinkle. The four books Hinkle wrote in the Cutler series, plus two mystery novels he did for Leisure under his own name about the same time, apparently represent Hinkle's total output as an author.

No comments: