Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter

No, you won't be getting a review of the final Harry Potter book from me. I read the first two books in the series, enjoyed them quite a bit, found them very well-written, and for whatever reason, never really felt any compulsion to go on with the rest of the books. I've watched all the movies but don't mind admitting that I'm pretty much lost as far as what's going on. Somebody asked me what happened in one of them, and I said, "I dunno, they ran around and did magic and stuff." However . . . my daughter Joanna, who started reading the series when she was in junior high and is now a senior in college, spent the weekend reading HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, and she liked it and seemed to be quite satisfied with the way it ended. So I suspect it's pretty good. Will I ever get around to reading it, and all the others? Never say never, I guess.

No comments: