Saturday, February 13, 2021

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Western Action Novels Magazine, November 1938


This is a nice dynamic cover, although the smoke coming from their guns looks a little odd to me. I don't know the artist. WESTERN ACTION NOVELS MAGAZINE was one of what came to be known as the Columbia pulps, as you can tell from the presence of house-names Cliff Campbell and Mat Rand in the Table of Contents. Also on hand in this issue (the first in the magazine's run) are E.B. Mann (twice, with a reprint from RANCH ROMANCES under his own name and a new yarn under his Zachary Strong pseudonym), Oscar Schisgall, and William Patterson White. Looks like a pretty good issue to me, with those authors.

1 comment:

John said...

I sure wish magazine cover art had been saved. I check Ebay for some, but never find it. Whether it's western art, or some space themed Popular Science cover, there was some great pulp covers. It's sad to think it got chucked.