Monday, July 09, 2012

New This Week

I always forget to mention the e-books I buy or have sent to me, but I'm going to try to remember in the future. As it happens, this week e-books are all I have to report. I've been buying a lot of the pulp reprint e-books that Radio Archives are doing as a series called Will Murray's Pulp Classics. This past week I picked up a couple of Spider novels by Norvell Page, THE MAYOR OF HELL and SLAVES OF THE MURDER SYNDICATE, and an Operator 5 novel, LEGIONS OF STARVATION. (I read LEGIONS OF STARVATION years ago and loved it. I want to read it again, unusual for me as I don't reread many books.) I got Gil Brewer's THE BRAT from Prologue Books. Also review copies of Heath Lowrance's new Weird Western featuring Hawthorne, THE LONG BLACK TRAIN (my review ran yesterday) and the new Rogue Angel novel by "Alex Archer" (in this case Mel Odom), MAGIC LANTERN. And an ARC of Heath's new novel CITY OF HERETICS. That's a damned good line-up of books, I think. You can find links below for the ones available from Amazon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the Spider e-books contain the interior B&W art?

Charles Gramlich said...

Legions of Starvation sounds pretty cool. I have those SPider books.

James Reasoner said...

I haven't actually read any of the Spider e-books yet, but in flipping through a couple of them on my Kindle, it appears that they don't have any interior art.