Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Detective Tales, February 1942


I hope whoever has that gun hands it to the babe in the red dress. She looks a lot more capable of using it than that doofus she's tied up with. I don't know who painted this cover. Inside this issue of DETECTIVE TALES is an absolutely top-notch group of writers: Fredric Brown, Day Keene, John K. Butler, D.L. Champion, Stewart Sterling, John Hawkins, Curt Hamlin, Edward S. Williams, and William Benton Johnston. I'm not familiar with the last one of those guys, but I'll bet he was a pretty good writer to crack a Popular Publications pulp. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they might be Rafael DeSoto. And yeah, Mr. Useless there looks like he’s wetting himself :)

b.t.

Metralla said...

Hahaha, yes, certainly the man has no face of being very heroic :)