Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Star Western, October 1947


Another Injury to a Hat cover on this issue of STAR WESTERN. I'm not sure of the artist. Looks to me like it might be Robert Stanley. Inside are some fine authors, including Walt Coburn (although rumor has it that by this stage of his career, his work had to be edited heavily because of his drinking problem), Giff Cheshire, William R. Cox, Dee Linford, John M. Cunningham, and Rod Patterson. I like the title of the Coburn story: "The Devil Sent His Gun-Angels!" Probably a Popular Publications editor came up with it, but whoever did, it sounds like my kind of yarn.

1 comment:

Cullen Gallagher said...

Jealous of you finding all these vintage pulp magazines! Keep hoping I'll run across a box of them here in NYC somewhere, preferably on the street when someone throws them out :) but no luck yet.