Monday, January 05, 2015

40 Years

40 years ago tonight, Livia and I went out on our first date. We saw the movie FREEBIE AND THE BEAN, which I've already written about here. Despite some circumstances that were less than perfect, she must have seen something worthwhile in me. Or maybe she's still hoping to find it if she's stubborn enough. The photo above is her senior class picture which was taken a few months earlier.

Needless to say, the decision to ask her out was the smartest move I ever made.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture, great memory!

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Congratulations, Jim!

new improved gorman said...

Wow gorgeous woman. And what a lucky guy. That you remember the date of your first date may be the most romantic thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

Cap'n Bob said...

Ed's right. What an amazing memory. And the story of Livia and James is a classic. You should write a book about it.

ChuckTyrell said...

Come to think of it, 40 years for me, too. 38 of marriage in about 40 days. Hmmmm.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mr. Reasoner! Best to you both.

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy Day!

Carl V. Anderson said...

You made a wise choice. Livia??? Well??? Just kidding, I'm sure she has seen something worthwhile to reach such a monumental milestone of time since that first date. Congratulations to you both!