Saturday, December 06, 2014

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: All Western Magazine, July 1935


I've seen other Western pulp covers where the hero has his hat either shot off or knocked off by a knife. Not a really common theme, but one that shows up often enough that I've noticed it. This is a pretty good one, and the lineup of authors is also good: Harry F. Olmsted, James P. Olsen, J.E. Grinstead, and part of the non-fiction serial "I Rode With the Daltons" by Emmett Dalton. ALL WESTERN was an excellent pulp, from what I've seen of it. 

2 comments:

Walker Martin said...

You are right about ALL WESTERN. It was one of the better western pulps and deserves to be in the top rank with WESTERN STORY, WEST(the Doubleday years only, 1926-1935), STAR WESTERN and DIME WESTERN.

Cap'n Bob said...

I used a few of those damaged hat themes on OWLHOOT covers over the years. It might be time for another one.