Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Detective Tales, June 1944


You know me. Any cover with a sexy redhead on it is going to catch my interest. But in addition, this issue of DETECTIVE TALES features stories by Ray Bradbury, Frederick C. Davis, and Fredric Brown. That's a pretty potent trio of authors! Also on hand are Donald G. Carmack, Francis K. Allan, and a few lesser-known authors. The cover would have made me pick this one up. Bradbury, Davis, and Brown would have made me plunk down my dime.

UPDATE: The cover art is by Gloria Stoll.

3 comments:

Bruce Harris said...

Add Francis K. Allan and make it a potent quartet of authors. Prolific, underrated writer.

James Reasoner said...

I don't recall ever reading anything by Francis K. Allan, but I just ordered a book by him and will give it a try.

Barry Traylor said...

We had Gloria Stoll as a guest at PulpFest, what a wonderful lady.