Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Writing Update, 4/30

Things came up yesterday so that I didn't get any new pages done, but I was able to do quite a bit of editing. Then today I struggled a little but wound up with 20 pages, giving me 527 for the month of April, my best month since last July. My total for the year so far is 1803 pages. Not bad, but I'd still like to be doing better.

It's been suggested to me that maybe I shouldn't be posting these numbers, that some people will think, "Oh, anybody who writes that much, it's got to be crap." I used to worry about that, too. Back when I was writing Longarm and Trailsman novels, I wouldn't talk about them much around other writers, at conventions and such, because I figured they might look down on what I was doing. But then I realized people are going to think what they're going to think, and everything is crap to somebody. So I'm just having fun and entertaining the people who like what I do, and anything beyond that is somebody else's problem, not mine.

So we're looking at a 500+ page month of May, I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you're happy with your writing who cares what carpers say? F#ck 'em if they can't take a joke.


Jeff M.