Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Navy Stories, April 1929


Of course, there were pulps for almost every interest, for example NAVY STORIES. The lead novel in this issue is by Captain George Fielding Eliot, one of a number of pulp authors to use their military rank in that post-World War I era. Eliot wrote some mainstream, hardback novels with naval settings later on, but he's probably best remembered today, if he's remembered at all, as the author of the first Dan Fowler novel in the pulp G-MEN. This issue also includes stories by a couple of authors best known for their Westerns, Allan R. Bosworth and Gladwell Richardson, as well as others whose names aren't familiar to me. I'm interested in military fiction, so I might read an issue of NAVY STORIES, but I doubt if it would ever be one of my favorites.

No comments: