Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Medical Update

Some of you know that I've been worried about a growth on my eyelid for the past couple of months. Finally found out that it's a benign seatocystoma, which is a high-falutin' way of saying, "Your sweat gland done swole up, boy." It's harmless and easily removed, but since the only real purpose in doing so is for cosmetic reasons, and I ain't exactly George Clooney to start with, I figured it was best just to leave it alone. The procedure could have left my eyelid sore for a few days, and I didn't want the distraction right now, what with the race to the drop-dead date on the book I started yesterday. Besides, there's a possibility that it'll eventually go away on its own.

I'm a little prone to hypochondria -- I think a lot of writers are, since coming up with worst-case scenarios is sort of our job -- and since this was only about an inch away from where I had a pre-cancerous growth before, I thought it was worthwhile to have it checked out. Just took a while to find a doctor who knew his stuff. So now that I've heaved a big sigh of relief, it's back to work. I think I have time to get a chapter or two done this afternoon.

9 comments:

Steve M said...

Good to hear it isn't anything serious. Keep well and keep writing those great books.

Brian Drake said...

Good to hear, James. Don't beat the keyboard too hard.

Adventuresfantastic said...

Glad to hear the good news.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Glad to hear everything turned out fine.

Unknown said...

Always to hear good news.

wayne d. dundee said...

Great news, James! Glad to hear it.

James Reasoner said...

So many people are dealing with so much worse that I debated whether to even mention this. But since some folks knew about it already I thought, why not?

Jerry House said...

Happy to hear this, James.

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad there is nothing serious! Write on!