Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Fantastic Story Quarterly, Winter 1951


Hey, watch those hands, you guys! I thought at first this cover was by Earle Bergey, but it's not attributed to him anywhere that I can find. So maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but it's certainly suggestive and eye-catching no matter who painted it. This issue of FANTASTIC STORY QUARTERLY is mostly reprint, with only two new stories by Frank Belknap Long and Milton Lesser, best remembered as Stephen Marlowe. The reprints, from various issues of WONDER STORIES and WONDER STORIES QUARTERLY in the Thirties, are by Eric Frank Russell, Clark Ashton Smith, Eando Binder (Earl and Otto Binder), and a couple of authors I'm not familiar with, Alan Connell and Siegfried Wagener (his only credit in the FMI).

2 comments:

Barry Traylor said...

Looking at other issues Bergey did for this pulp I think it is him.. Nice magazine and looking on the shelf I see I have all but 4 issues.

James Reasoner said...

Yeah, I've confirmed that it's a Bergey cover. It's even signed, I just missed it.