Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Writing Update

I forgot to post an update yesterday -- I'm not in the habit of it yet -- so this is a two-for-one post. Yesterday morning I struggled to get started but kept slugging away at it, and by afternoon the work was going better. I wound up doing 4268 words. Today was a rerun in some ways, as I got off to a slow start in the morning, but today it was due to other things going on rather than just a sluggish brain like I had yesterday. But again persistence paid off and I got rolling in the afternoon. The final total wound up being 4112 words, and the most important thing is that I finished the current book with those pages. I need to do some editing on it tomorrow, and then it goes to Livia for her editing job, then back to me for revisions (if there are any), and then finally, like it had wings, off it goes to New York. Always a good feeling.

4 comments:

Ed Gorman said...

I get it now, James, your diabolical plan to rob me of what little self-confidence I have. Day after day four and five thousand words. Well tomorrow I'm going to show YOU buddy. I'm going to write way above my average. No more hundred and forty words. I'm going all the way to a hundred and forty SIX words! How about them apples?

Anonymous said...

And again, no way will he tell us what he is writing about.......All the best....Chris....

James Reasoner said...

You can do it, Ed! I have confidence in you!

James Reasoner said...

As I sometimes tell people, just go in the store and look for books without my name on them . . .