Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Fantastic Adventures, December 1952


Okay, maybe I'm crazy, or just a 12-year-old boy at heart, or both, but that cover by Robert Gibson Jones is just great! Riding in a sling under the neck of a giant bat while fighting spaceships with a smoking raygun! I mean, what could possibly be cooler? I don't know which story in this issue of FANTASTIC ADVENTURES it goes with, if any of them. Milton Lesser, who went on to become Stephen Marlowe, of course, is the only author in it I've heard of. The others are a mixture of house-names and writers I'm not familiar with. I'll bet I'd have a good time reading it anyway. Or I could just look at the cover and imagine my own story to go with it.

2 comments:

Erwin-K said...

I can imagine a somewhat similar cover if spaceships ever invaded Anne McCaffrey's Pern.

thingmaker said...

That fella needs a hat or something... Bat drool...