Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Overlooked Movies: Diggstown (1992)


James Woods and Oliver Platt are con men. Louis Gossett Jr. is a boxer involved in the game they're running. Bruce Dern is the mark. Heather Graham is young and beautiful. Punches are thrown, blood is spilled, and plot twists abound.

I vaguely remember when DIGGSTOWN came out, but we never watched it and I couldn't tell you why. I like boxing movies and I like con game movies, and this is a pretty entertaining combination of the two genres, with a little Southern small town Americana thrown in. The supporting cast includes Randall "Tex" Cobb, who I've always liked. So I enjoyed DIGGSTOWN quite a bit and am glad we finally watched it.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think I did see it but am not sure why. The title is more familiar than the cast.

Jeff Meyerson said...

I can no longer even look at James Woods.

Tom Johnson said...

I just watched it again a couple weeks ago. Not a bad movie.