Saturday, September 25, 2021

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Star Western, August 1953


This is a pretty sedate cover, but I like it a lot anyway. There's a nice sense of impending menace to it, and that's a really beautiful woman. I don't know the artist. The authors inside this issue of STAR WESTERN are good ones, as well: Joseph Chadwick, Will Cook, Frank Castle, J.L. Bouma, Van Cort (Wyatt Blassingame), Kenneth L. Sinclair, and Cy Kees. Even this late in the game, STAR WESTERN was a very good Western pulp.

2 comments:

Paul Herman said...

James,

I really don't think it's a Norman Saunders cover. I may be wrong. I'm sure someone out there
with a better eye than myself will let us know. Sheila??

James Reasoner said...

You're right, it's not Saunders. He's credited with it on the Fictionmags Index, but it's not listed on the Saunders website, which I should have checked first. I'll edit the post. Thanks for the heads-up.