Saturday, February 09, 2013

Movies: Here Comes the Boom

I may be in the minority in this group, but I like Kevin James's movies. I always find them funny and good-hearted, and this new one is no exception. Sure, the plot is contrived and pretty silly. He plays a burned-out high school biology teacher who decides to become a UFC fighter so he can make enough money to save his school's music program, which is led by Henry Winkler (yep, the Fonz his own self). I watched it with a couple of teachers, and they cracked up again and again at the school scenes. I thought it was pretty funny, too. Oh, and did I mention that the movie has Salma Hayek in it? That's enough reason to watch right there, as far as I'm concerned.

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

We still laugh at KING OF QUEENS.

James Reasoner said...

We enjoyed THE KING OF QUEENS, too. Jerry Stiller is always a hoot. I liked the fact that Lou Ferrigno lived next door to them, too. Like Robert Goulet used to show up as himself on TWO GUYS, A GIRL, AND A PIZZA PLACE (a series that launched nice careers for three of its four principals).

Hank Brown said...

I agree: Salma Hayek is reason enough to watch, all by herself.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I like Kevin James' movies too, especially HITCH. I think his bit parts in EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND landed him the main part in KING OF QUEENS.

Cap'n Bob said...

The woman in KoQ is a member of that cult I love so much, so I avoid it. Too bad, because I sort of like Kevin James and definitely like Jerry Stiller.

Neil A. Waring said...

As a retired school teacher I often find humor in this type of story as well. Might have to take a look.