Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: G-Men, April 1938


I like this cover because it has a good-looking redhead and a Tommy-gun on it. Which may make me a bit shallow, but as usual, I don't care. I've enjoyed every Dan Fowler novel I've read, although some are certainly better than others. "The Devil's Playground", the novel in this issue, has the C.K.M. Scanlon house-name on it, and there's no attribution for it in the Fictionmags Index, so I suppose we don't know who really wrote this one. Edward Churchill, who has a short story in this issue under his own name, was writing some of the Fowlers during this time period, so he might be the author behind the house-name. Or not. Either way, I'm sure I'd like it.

1 comment:

David Cranmer said...

She has a little Maureen O'Hara look going on. Yeah, superb cover.