Saturday, August 15, 2020

Saturday Afternoon Western Pulp: Ace-High Western Stories, July 1949


I'm going to be writing a book set in Death Valley later this year, but I won't be able to call it "Death Valley Gun-Devils". I would if I could! I'm sure this is a good story, though, since it's by William Heuman. Other authors in this issue of ACE-HIGH WESTERN STORIES are Tom Roan, Richard Brister, Larry Harris, and Harold F. Cruickshank. I don't know who painted the cover. Something about the guy's head looks just a bit off to me, as if it doesn't quite sit right on his body, but seeing as I have no artistic talent whatsoever, I feel a little bad about criticizing it. Overall I like it and think it's another exciting Popular Publications cover.

1 comment:

David Cranmer said...

I love the Rest In Peace! Great cover and I'm looking forward to the new book, James. I just happen to be reading one of your old Longarm's. Great inspiration.