Saturday, July 04, 2020

Update on Yesterday's Forgotten Book: Blind Mayhem - Robert Leslie Bellem


Many thanks to Brian Ritt for letting me know that Barnes & Noble has that Nick Ransom collection by Robert Leslie Bellem available as a Nook book under a different title. That's worth downloading the Nook app if you don't already have it (or a Nook), I'd say. That version is called BLIND MAYHEM, and you can find it here: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blind-mayhem-7-thrilling-nick-ransom-novelets-robert-leslie-bellem/1116857547?ean=2940148780717

5 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

Thanks for the update. I haven't bought a Nook book since B&N locked down the Nook, but I bought this one.

James Reasoner said...

Honestly, not trying to be snarky here, but I didn't know there still were Nook books. I thought that platform was gone.

Adventuresfantastic said...

It still exists. I have subscriptions to Ellery Queen, Alfred Hitchcock, Asimov's, and Analog on it. I have for years and don't want to lose my archive. All other ebook purchases are on Kindle.

Anonymous said...


David Laurence Wilson
Hi, James. Do you know the titles or appearances of the earlier Nick Ransom stories?



James Reasoner said...

David,
This is what the Fictionmags Index has for him:

Peril for Sale (ss) Detective Dime Novels Apr 1940
Danger’s Delegate (ss) Red Star Detective Jun 1940
Hazard’s Harvest (ss) Red Star Detective Aug 1940
Jeopardy’s Jackpot (ss) Red Star Detective Oct 1940
Risks Redoubled (nv) Double Detective Aug 1941