Sunday, December 09, 2012

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: F.B.I. Detective Stories, April 1949


Only five issues of this pulp are listed in the Fictionmags Index. This one has a nice, action-packed cover, and a solid line-up of authors: John D. MacDonald, Bruce Cassidy, Roe Richmond, Don James, and several others. I suppose the heroes were all F.B.I. agents, or that the stories at least had some sort of F.B.I. connection. Maybe a little too specialized, which is possibly why the magazine didn't last very long, but I'll bet the stories were pretty good anyway.

3 comments:

Walker Martin said...

The ADVENTURE HOUSE INDEX TO THE PULPS lists a total of 14 issues published during 1949-1951. I thought I had them all but I see that I'm lacking one. Probably misplaced it in some stack of old magazines.

Anonymous said...

If that cover is not by Norman Saunders I am prepared to eat my hat.
It's a nice one with plenty of action, but I think the most action-packed Saunders cover I've seen is the one you posted here...
http://jamesreasoner.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-morning-western-pulp-best.html

John Hocking

James Reasoner said...

Your hat is safe, John. That's Saunders, all right, according to the website devoted to his work. Wonderful art, as usual.