Monday, February 21, 2011

The Dead Man Comes to Life

FACE OF EVIL, the first adventure of THE DEAD MAN is now available for the Kindle on Amazon and for the Nook on Barnes & Noble.  This is the debut of the new adventure/horror series created by Lee Goldberg and William Rabkin, and it's one of the most entertaining, fastest-paced yarns I've read in a long time . . . and I'm not just saying that because I'm going to be writing one of the stories coming up later on in the series.  Lee and Bill have come up with a fine premise -- a man who should have died but didn't (or did he?) trying to make sense out of his return to life and his ongoing battle with a mysterious enemy.  I think this is going to be a lot of fun for the readers and writers alike, and I'm honored to be part of it, as well as looking forward to seeing what adventures the other authors come up with for Matt Cahill.  You definitely want to get in on this one right from the start.

5 comments:

Brian Drake said...

Is this an ebook original?

Jack Badelaire said...

Yeah, best as I can tell these will be eBooks only; at 20K or so a volume I'm guessing the word count would be too low for a print run.

I read the first volume and eBook or no, this is going to be a heck of an interesting series of stories.

James Reasoner said...

I'm really starting to like the 20K to 40K length, as both a reader and a writer.

Brian Drake said...

I've always written short and have never been able to get a manuscript to clock it at anything over 70,000 words. I always dreaded the eventual "we need 100,000 words" from an editor. But with my ebooks, it doesn't matter. So I'm with you there, too.

Lee Goldberg said...

We'll be releasing a trade paperback edition in early March.

Lee