Sunday, August 22, 2004

Closing In

I went over to my folks' house today and spent a few hours with them, then came home and wrote. I usually stop for the day by six o'clock, even if I get a late start, but today I went on past that, thinking, "Well, I'll do a little more . . . well, I'll do a little more . . . " I wound up with 25 pages, which leaves me just one chapter to go to finish this book. Probably won't do it all tomorrow, but it should be wrapped up on Tuesday. As I may have mentioned before, I obsess about pages. I know this. But a little obsession is healthy, right? Right?

I'm reading REVENGE OF THE MOUNTAIN MAN by William W. Johnstone. This is the fourth book in a long-running series. I read the first three a while back and decided to pick it up again. I was surprised that I remember as much about the first three books as I do. My memory isn't what it once was.

3 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

I struggle with 3 pages...and if I read, well then I don't get much done at all. I, too, spent the day with family, wrapping up and saying goodbye to far away members of this week's activities. I hope to focus on moving forward next week.

Guess what is next on the TBR pile????? Wild Night

James Reasoner said...

Yes, but you have a real job, Aldo. I just piddle around with this writing stuff, so I ought to get lots of pages done.

I think you'll enjoy WILD NIGHT.

Unknown said...

I wish I could be as disciplined as you are!