Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Adventure, November 1, 1928


Gangway! I'm not sure why I like this cover by L.J. Cronin, an artist I'm not familiar with, but I really do. It just seems dynamic to me. And of course, ADVENTURE had some pretty dynamic authors in its pages, too, including in this issue Talbot Mundy, with a story featuring a character named Ben Quorn (also unfamiliar to me), Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson, Allan Vaughan Elston, Thomson Burtis, Bill Adams, and Warren Hastings Miller, among others.

1 comment:

Victorian Barbarian said...

My late friend Merrill highly recommended the Ben Quorn stories. Merrill was a collector of books who got me back into reading Mundy in my thirties after a brush with reading the Tros of Samothrace books in my junior high years. The last gift from him was a recent reprinting of all Mundy’s “Up and Down the Earth” tales.