Monday, January 14, 2019

Dog and Writing Updates

Sammy continues to do well in his recuperation. He's bored, as I would be too in his situation, and he doesn't really like the plastic cone he has to wear, but he doesn't fight it when I put it back on him after he's eaten and gone outside briefly. That's good, because he's big and strong enough that if he was determined not to wear it, it might take several of us to get it on him. Overall, he's been remarkably cooperative about the whole thing. But we'll all be glad when he's back to normal.

Remember that book I was going to wrap up over the weekend? Well, I wrote three chapters yesterday but didn't manage to get to the end of the story. I had enough words already, but my editor gives me some leeway on such things and I wasn't going to rush the ending. So I figured I'd finish it today.

Nope. Two more chapters done, but still not finished. There's just a lot to cover and a considerable amount of choreography required to get all the characters in the right place at the right time. That's always a problem with big-cast books. Surely it'll be done tomorrow, though.

3 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I'm glad Sammy's doing well. We have a pet dog too and she's currently on medication for a low platelet count which, thankfully, has no symptoms unless there's bleeding. We make sure she doesn't hurt herself in any way.

Ahmed89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ahmed89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.