Saturday, July 20, 2024

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: 10 Story Western Magazine, June 1947


This looks like a Robert Stanley cover to me, although, as always, I could be wrong. But I think I'm correct about there being some very good Western pulp authors inside this issue of 10 STORY WESTERN MAGAZINE: D.B. Newton, Philip Ketchum, William R. Cox, John Reese (with two stories, one under his usual John Jo Carpenter pseudonym, one under a name I haven't encountered before, Camford Cheavly), and Robert Turner, along with the lesser known Harold R. Stoakes, Ben T. Young, Jim Chapman, Ray Hayton, and Jimmy Nichols (who was really Jhan Robbins, fairly prolific under both names but little remembered). Like all the Popular Publications Western pulps, 10 STORY WESTERN MAGAZINE was consistently good.

2 comments:

Fred Blosser said...

James, if you're collecting names for characters for future novels, "Camford Cheavly" is a keeper!

James Reasoner said...

That name had to have had some sort of significance for Reese. I can't imagine him just coming up with it out of thin air!