Saturday, March 02, 2013

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Three Western Novels Magazine, April 1950


Another action-packed Norman Saunders cover, and three Western novellas by dependably entertaining pulpsters. I've enjoyed everything I've ever read by D.B. Newton and Giles A. Lutz. Don't really know anything about Ray Townsend, but he turned out a lot of stories in the late Forties and early Fifties. THREE WESTERN NOVELS MAGAZINE ran for only seven issues, but it looks like there were some good stories in its pages.

2 comments:

Walker Martin said...

He really has his hands full! Blasting away with a gun in each hand, meanwhile holding the girl. Not to mention the guy about to stab him in the back. I guess this is why I collect original pulp cover paintings. I've always been fascinated by the action images.

Lastyear said...

Love the mid 20th century high heels on the girl.