Monday, September 10, 2012

New This Week

All e-books this week, one of which includes a new story by me. We might as well start off with it.

BEAT TO A PULP: SUPERHERO is exactly what it sounds like: a collection of superhero stories by some of the best young writers in the business and one old codger (that would be me). My story is called "Drums" and is set during the Revolutionary War, not exactly the usual setting for a superhero yarn. But I had a great time writing it and wouldn't mind revisiting the characters if I ever get a chance.

COMMANDO: OPERATION ARROWHEAD is a World War II adventure by Jack Badelaire, a prequel of sorts to his fine debut novel KILLER INSTINCTS. Also by Badelaire is NANOK AND THE TOWER OF SORROWS, a sword-and-sorcery tale. That's another of my favorite genres.

BLOOD ON BLOOD is a new hardboiled crime novel by Frank Zafiro and my buddy Jim Wilsky. Review coming soon, I hope. And speaking of blood, I also picked up the first three issues of BLOOD & TACOS, dedicated to pastiches and reviews of Seventies men's adventure novels. These look like great fun. Links to everything mentioned in this post can be found below.










3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Our David is amazing, isn't he?

Jack Badelaire said...

James, thank you for the kind words and your continued support!

Unknown said...

James,

Thanks so much for the mention. I hope you enjoy it.

Really appreciate it.

-Jim