Sunday, March 04, 2012

Prologue Books Launches

Here's what I said about the new e-book publisher Prologue Books on their website:


Prologue Books is, in a word, spectacular. This is a treasure trove of the great authors who influenced several generations of writers and are still influencing them.  These books are some of the best examples of sheer storytelling power that you'll ever find.


I meant every word of it, too. I've bought several books already, and there's a good chance I'll buy everything they publish before I'm through. If you haven't checked out their website already, you really need to as soon as you can. Don't get me wrong, I love new books and new authors, too, but the books Prologue is bringing back really are the good old stuff.

6 comments:

D.A. Trappert said...

I must be stupid, but I keep looking at their website and I can't see any way to actually BUY anything....

James Reasoner said...

No, you have to buy the books through Amazon or Barnes & Noble, the Prologue website just tells you what to look for. I should have made that clear in the post. When I first went there I expected a cart or some other way to buy directly from them, but not at this point.

MP said...

When I discovered this a couple of days ago it was all I could do to keep myself from sitting down and going through the catalog and buying everything except the stuff I already have, mostly in Stark House editions. This is such a treasure trove that I'm willing to break my "no more commenting on blogs until they come up with a better way to prove I'm not a robot" rule.

James Reasoner said...

MP,
I'm the same way, I wanted to buy all of them right now. I'm going to have to force myself to ration out the titles.

Or hell, maybe I'll just go buy all of them. After all (all together now), "You never regret the books you buy, only the ones you didn't buy!"

I hate the new word verification, too, but when I turned it off I got a flood of spam.

Peter Brandvold said...

My two words:

HOLY MOLY!

Georgetheleopard said...

i hAve already bought all the orrie hitt and gil brewer books prologue publishes