Sunday, July 07, 2019

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Speed Adventure Stories, July 1945


I think if I had been around during the Thirties and Forties, I would have been writing for the Spicy and Speed line of pulps. This issue of SPEED ADVENTURE STORIES features three authors better known for their Westerns: L.P. Holmes, Giff Cheshire, and Frank Bonham. Also on hand are the legendary E. Hoffmann Price and Spicy/Speed stalwarts Victor Rousseau (writing under his own name for a change, instead of Lew Merrill, Hugh Speer, or Clive Trent) and Edwin Truett Long, writing under the very transparent pseudonym of Edwin Truett. I've enjoyed stories by all these authors and know I would enjoy the yarns they've contributed here, too.

2 comments:

Renaissance Women said...

I really enjoy reading stories from the authors you mentioned. It is exciting when I can find the original or reprints.

James Reasoner said...

And unfortunately most of them are completely forgotten these days. I'm glad I have enough of the old stuff on hand that I'll never run out of it! Of course, that doesn't stop me from buying more . . .