Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Lariat Story Magazine, March 1943


You could always count on LARIAT STORY covers for an eye-catching mix of powder-burning action, stalwart heroes, and beautiful gals. This issue is no exception. I don't know who did the art, but I like it. Inside this issue are stories by some fine writers, as well: Walt Coburn, Norbert Davis, W.F. Bragg, Eli Colter, J.E. Grinstead, and house-name Bart Cassiday, who was sometimes Harry F. Olmsted and might be here, I don't know. But I know LARIAT STORY covers usually make me want to write a story to fit the scenes on them. I'll bet I could work this into a book somewhere . . .

1 comment:

Bruce Harris said...

Norbert Davis never disappoints. I just read your June 3, 2012 blog about the Black Dogs Books reprint of eight Norbert Davis western pulp stories, "Dead Man's Brand." I ordered a copy from Amazon.