Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Middle of the Night Music Post: The Lady Wants to Know - Michael Franks

I know that supposedly nobody like jazz, especially smooth jazz, but I do. Especially the stuff I used to listen to back in the Seventies and Eighties, like this one.


Actually, this leads me into a few writing-related comments. I've been in a slump the past couple of weeks, still writing but not turning out nearly as many pages as I need to, so on Saturday I tried something different and played music all day on my computer while I worked. I hardly ever have music going while I'm writing. I played some Acoustic Alchemy, some Herb Alpert (both with the Tijuana Brass and his later solo stuff), History: America's Greatest Hits, and a couple of movie theme song compilations I have, one from war movies and one from historical epics. So how did it affect my writing?

Best day in almost a month. Thing of it is, I don't know if it was the music or if the cycle had just come back around for me to be productive again. But will I try it again when I get back to work later today? More than likely.

1 comment:

Todd Mason said...

Well, you know Somebody likes jazz, and even a bit of "smooth jazz" and such related music as they would play on "Quiet Storm" radio formats...in fact, today's July Music, if anything, leans toward jazz...as any list I might put together very well could...