Sunday, June 07, 2015

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: 10-Story Detective Magazine, October 1944


Another great Norman Saunders cover on this issue of 10-STORY DETECTIVE. His covers always have a lot going on, yet they never look crowded or busy. This one features a guy about to be clouted on the head from behind, something that shows up a lot on Saunders covers. Norman A. Daniels is probably the best known author in this issue. He also has a story under his David A. Norman pseudonym. Other authors include Joe Archibald and Emil Petaja.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I believe that exact cover painting was used for Secret Agent X, June, 1938.
The Jean Harlow-like heroine made the image seem more 30's, and I thought I 'd seen it before.
Dug out an old Hanos reprint of that issue of Secret Agent X and sure enough both pulps had the same cover. Cool.

John Hocking

James Reasoner said...

Absolutely right, John. Good catch!

I read so many of those Hanos reprints. With my eyes these days, I wouldn't even try it.