Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Peacemaker Nominations and Lifetime Achievement Award

The finalists for the 2015 Peacemaker Awards have been announced and can be found here. Congratulations to all the nominees! I'm very pleased that a couple of my Outlaw Ranger books are finalists in the Best Independently Published Western category.

As for the other news, I'm surprised, humbled, and very, very pleased to learn that Western Fictioneers is honoring me with the Lifetime Achievement Award. I wrote my first Western novel 30 years ago, and since then I've written more than 200 Westerns, so they've been a major part of my career and of my life. And I can honestly say I've never written one that I didn't enjoy. It's very gratifying to know that others enjoy them as well. Thank you to everyone in Western Fictioneers for this great honor!

9 comments:

wayne d. dundee said...

Well deserved, friend. Enjoy it --- you've darn sure earned it.

Charles Gramlich said...

Hurray! Very well deserved. And the best thing of all, you've still got a lot of lifetime left to write more westerns!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, James! I can't think of anybody who deserves the award more.

jhegenbe said...

Hmmm.. Not your first rodayo, pard? Get 'er done. That'll be the day.

Walker Martin said...

Congratulations James! You are young enough to win a second Lifetime Achievement Award!

Stephen Mertz said...

Well done, amigo! Here's to 200 more!

Unknown said...

Congratulations of the Lifetime Achievement Award, James! Not for nothin', but all of your Outlaw Ranger books are great reads. I'm glad to see two are nominated. :-)

Max Allan Collins said...

Much deserved!

Victorian Barbarian said...

A well-deserved honor! Congratulations!