Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday's Overlooked TV: Eisenhower & Lutz


This one's pretty obscure. It's a sitcom from the MTM stable that ran for 13 episodes in the fall of 1988. Scott Bakula played a somewhat sleazy young lawyer in Palm Springs, surrounded by the usual wacky sitcom characters. This is the first thing I remember seeing Bakula in, and he was pretty likable. In fact, I remember the whole show being mildly amusing. I think we watched every episode. It's never been on DVD as far as I know, and there are only a few clips from it on YouTube. The gimmick, by the way, is that there was no Eisenhower in the law firm, only Lutz (Bakula's character). But the staid, conservative citizens of Palm Springs liked the name.

3 comments:

Todd Mason said...

I very faintly remember this one.

Adventuresfantastic said...

I don't remember this one, but the premise sounds like a comedy take on Remington Steele.

Marty McKee said...

No relation to MACGRUDER & LOUD or ROSETTI & RYAN.