Monday, April 30, 2007

End-of-the-Month Update

Reading

I read fifteen books in April. They are, in order:

SIN IN THEIR BLOOD, Ed Lacy (Leonard Zinberg)
PEANUTS: A GOLDEN CELEBRATION, Charles M. Schulz
TWISTED, Jeffery Deaver
THE HEIST, Michael A. Black
BATMAN: DETECTIVE, Paul Dini and Royal McGraw
THE LABYRINTH, Francis Stevens (Gertrude Bennett)
JONAH HEX: FACE FULL OF VIOLENCE, Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti
MARKHAM, Lawrence Block
THE DESERT PILOT, Max Brand (Frederick Faust)
THE HIDE HUNTERS, Lewis B. Patten
ASTONISHING X-MEN: DANGEROUS, Joss Whedon
THE BUTCHER #1: KILL QUICK OR DIE, Stuart Jason (James "Doc" Dockery)
THE AVENGER: THREE GOLD CROWNS, Kenneth Robeson (Paul Ernst)
THEY COULDN'T SAY NO, Matt Harding (Lee Floren)
APRIL KANE AND THE DRAGON LADY, Author Unknown (based on comic strip by Milton Caniff -- there'll be a post about this one in a day or two)

Movies

I watched six movies: THE ILLUSIONIST, BORDER FEUD, BORDERLINE, FREEDOM WRITERS, HAPPY FEET, and MAN OF THE YEAR.

Writing

It was another pretty good month, despite the traveling in the middle of it and the slump I've run into -- again -- at the end of the month. I went over my monthly goal by 37 pages, which means that I've erased my deficit for the year and am now 13 pages ahead of schedule. We'll see if that holds up. Setting arbitrary page goals has always bothered me a little. I feel like I'm a bit too obsessed about such things. But I've been doing it for so long that I wouldn't know any other way now.

No comments: