Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Lariat Story Magazine, March 1948


Every time I post a cover from LARIAT STORY, the cover and story titles make me think, "Dang, I wish I could have written for that magazine!" I mean, I think I could have written a pretty good yarn called "Siren of the Bushwhack Guns". In fact, I have written a story inspired by a previous LARIAT STORY cover I posted, and I'll get around to publishing it one of these days. I'd like to write a sequel to go with it first.

But I digress. This issue features stories by Laurence Donovan, Will C. Brown, Lee Floren, Al Storm, and Ben Frank, probably the best known names in the bunch. There are a couple of other authors I'm not familiar with. But if they wrote the kind of yarn that could make it into LARIAT STORY, I'll bet I'd like it.

No comments: