Monday, June 03, 2013

Music I Like: All Summer Long - The Beach Boys


And this wraps up my little summer song binge . . . unless I happen to think of another one I like, of course. The clip is from the end of AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so if you've never seen the movie (hard to imagine, but possible, I suppose), you probably shouldn't watch it. It stops before the real spoilers start but still gives away a few points. AMERICAN GRAFFITI is one of my all-time favorite films, and I still remember sitting in the Ridglea Theater in Fort Worth as this song came up  on the soundtrack and the closing credits began to roll and thinking that I had just seen a great, great film. I've seen it many times since then and the last time I watched it I thought it was starting to show its age a little, but I can't overstate how important this movie was to me in 1973. It resonated with me like no other film I'd ever seen before, with the possible exception of THE LAST PICTURE SHOW. Ah, well, this is supposed to be a music post, not a movie post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time we saw GRAFFITI was at a small movie house in Paris - France, not Texas - in AUgust of 1974. It was odd to say the least, especially with the French subtitles.

Jeff M.