Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Assorted Movies

We've watched several movies lately, but I've been too busy to blog about them.  So, a few quick catch-up comments.


THE FIGHTER is very, very good.  The Oscar-winning performances by Christian Bale and Melissa Leo struck me as a little showy, but that's what wins Oscars, after all.  And that's not to say they didn't do great jobs.  But I thought Mark Wahlberg and Amy Adams were just as good.  I really didn't expect to see  sweet, innocent, wholesome Amy Adams in a role like that, but she was fine.


MEGAMIND is also very good.  Great animation and lots of humor that probably went over the heads of the little kids who watched it.  I was very entertained, though.


WILD TARGET is a British hitman comedy.  The British sometimes have an odd sense of humor, and it's displayed to very good effect in this one.


THE NEXT THREE DAYS is okay, a bit of a downer at the end as far as I'm concerned.  I would have done it differently, but hey, that's just me.


LIFE AS WE KNOW IT is a decent rom-com, a little darker than some.  Josh Duhamel is a likable actor, and Katherine Heigl is, well, Katherine Heigl, which is usually enough for me.  That's the case here, too.


But definitely, watch THE FIGHTER and MEGAMIND if you haven't seen them yet.

5 comments:

Jerry House said...

I just watched THE FIGHTER this morning and enjoyed it. I grew up in the Lowell, Massachusetts area and it felt like I was visiting old friends. Highly recommended.

pattinase (abbott) said...

THE FIGHtER was great and I am also enjoying LIGHTS OUT on FX about a fighter making a comeback.

Ron Scheer said...

Haven't seen any of these. What's wrong with me? Did recently see a fact-based French film about the Resistance during the German occupation: ARMY OF CRIME. Two hours well spent.

Mark Terry said...

I thought Christian Bale was a bit over the top until I saw an interview with the character he played and realized he'd totally nailed him.

pattinase (abbott) said...

What Mark said. It actually made me admire his performance a bit less because it was almost a parroting of the real guy.