Monday, September 23, 2024

#425


I wrapped up my 425th novel yesterday. I think that's a milestone worthy of a blog post and something I never seriously dreamed of achieving when I started out in this business all those years ago. I'm more convinced than ever that writing 500 novels is out of reach for me. Even 450 seems like a stretch considering how much I've already slowed down and how much I'd like to slow down even more. But that's one thing about life . . . you never know. For now, I'm proud and happy to have gotten this far, and I appreciate all readers and editors and publishers who have made it possible, and special thanks, as always, to my daughters who have helped so much, and to Livia, without whom it never would have happened.

Now I have another book to write, so I'd better get at it.

No comments: