Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Men's Adventure Quarterly #9: Croc Attack! - Robert Deis and Bill Cunningham, eds.


Editors Robert Deis and Bill Cunningham deliver another winner in CROC ATTACK!, the ninth issue of MEN’S ADVENTURE QUARTERLY, the beautifully illustrated journal that reprints the best of the Men’s Adventure Magazines from the Fifties, Sixties, and Seventies. Authors included in this collection of stories about humans battling with crocodiles and alligators are paperbacker Robert Edmond Alter (one of my favorites), pulpster Brian O’Brien, and MAM veteran Leon Lazarus, along with a number of pseudonyms concealing unknown authors. And plenty of wonderful artwork, of course. A gorgeous package and great fun to read, as always. Highly recommended, available in paperback and e-book editions at Amazon.




5 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

I can't help but smile and think of Bill Crider when I see this title.

James Reasoner said...

He would have loved it, no doubt about that.

Cunningham said...

Thanks again, James. It's no small amount of pride that Bob and I count you among our readers. We're glad we are able to entertain and hopefully, enlighten you with our efforts.

Best,

Bill

Dan Leo said...

Just recently got my own copy – I love these mags!

Sprout said...

I appreciate the depth of research and thought evident in your article.