Sunday, November 12, 2023

Blog Update

A series of real-life issues, some unforeseen and some we knew were coming, has kept me from posting here in recent days. I considered leaving the blog up but closing it down as far as new posts. However, I don't want to do that. If I can keep it going until next summer, that'll be 20 years, and that's a good run. (The WesternPulps email group will turn 25 next spring, and I intend to continue with it, too.)

So I've written some short reviews of the books I've read lately and will schedule those for this week. Going forward, that's probably how I'll proceed, depending on the time and energy I have. No, I'm not sick, and I don't mean for it to sound that way, just swamped with sad, annoying, time-consuming developments, much like just about everybody else in the world. With luck, the pulp posts will resume next weekend. I'm still writing novels and have enough work lined up to last through next year, so the pages will continue to flow.

In the meantime . . .



9 comments:

Walker Martin said...

Hope you keep the blog going, James. It's a big favorite with me and I look forward to reading it.

Hard Bitten Action said...

Please keep the blog going, James. I check it every day. All the best to you.

Fred Blosser said...

Ditto the good wishes, James. The blog is a treat.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the blog is a treat and treatment for all suffering book readers. Good luck, James! Wishing you nothing but the best.

Vladimir

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, James. Because of your blog I've enjoyed stories
by L.P. Holmes, T.T. Flynn, Luke Short, Peter Dawson, Ernest Haycox, Peter Germano and Elmer Kelton. And you’ve given me many more authors I have yet to try. Thanks a million, it's introduced me to a genre I didn't know I'd love. This blog is a great resource for pulp lovers and book lovers. Will be praying things get better for you, hang in there.

Danny Stanton

Deuce said...

Hang in there, Jim! We usually post links to your stuff over on the DMR blog. Your blog is an institution.

BTW, I read the FYREDRAKE several years ago and really enjoyed it!

James Reasoner said...

I really appreciate all the kind comments. I sort of unraveled mentally and emotionally last week, but I think I'm on a more even keel now. A very good friend helped talk me through the worst of it, and the comments here certainly helped a great deal, too.

Now, I may go nuts again at any time. I am a writer, after all. So consider yourselves warned.

Sai S said...

Go nuts, James. Take a break. I write a hundredth part of what you do, and I keep going nuts more often...or so my family tells me.

On a more grateful note, your blog is one of two or three that inspired me to start blogging. And the first one to share my posts to a small segment of the reading public. Thanks for that.

W. Hock Hochheim said...

Hang in there!