Thursday, September 07, 2023

Now Available: West Texas Blood Feud - James Reasoner


The Nashes and the Lockharts have been feuding so long that nobody in Pecos even remembers what fueled the bloody hatred. The patriarchs of the two families, Axel Nash and Jubal Lockhart, would like nothing better than to wipe out their enemies. But Edward Nash, Axel’s nephew, wants no part of the feud and would rather concentrate on his law practice in partnership with the veteran attorney Billy Cambridge.

But then Edward’s younger brother Johnny winds up dead, apparently at the hands of Jubal Lockhart’s son Matt, and all of Reeves County is set to rip wide open in a hot lead war between the two clans. Add in an ambitious politician, his beautiful daughter, and a twist of fate that finds Edward defending his own brother’s accused killer in court, and you have another powerful, exciting tale from bestselling Western author James Reasoner. Fists and bullets will fly before peace returns to Pecos!

Since I retired from editing and publishing and have cut back on my ghostwriting commitments, I've had more time to work on books of my own. As a result, if all goes as planned over the next few years, you're going to see quite a few more books with my name on them, starting with this one. I have a lot in the works--Westerns, crime novels, a private detective series that Livia and I are working on, science fiction/space opera . . . I might even dust off that sword and sorcery novella I started a while back and finish it. At my age, if I'm going to get these books written, I'd better go ahead and do it! I've never been very good about promoting my own work, but I'll try to get the word out whenever I have something new. For now, I think WEST TEXAS BLOOD FEUD is a pretty good Western yarn (see how I oversell it there?), and I hope some of you will give it a try and enjoy it. It's available on Amazon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

Scott Parker said...

The best thing about pre-ordering is that is just shows up on the Kindle…and I get to start reading on publication day.

James Reasoner said...

I always forget that I've pre-ordered a book, and then suddenly there it is!