Friday, June 30, 2023

Reading and Writing Update


I said for years that I was going to slow down on the writing, but I never managed to do it to any meaningful degree. Well, age and circumstances have done it for me. Halfway through the year, I'm on pace to write just a hair more than half a million words this year. I realize that's still pretty productive, but it's half of what I used to do, and the frustrating part is that I'm still working almost as many hours at it. Getting the pages done just takes me longer.

But on the reading front, I've read 80 books so far this year, which is pretty good, I think.

Reading or writing, we do what we can do and move on to whatever's next, I guess.

2 comments:

Evil Woman Blues said...

Keep it up James. You have a following in the underbelly of American pulp.

James Reasoner said...

And there's nowhere else I'd rather be.