Saturday, March 05, 2022

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Walt Coburn's Western Magazine, November 1950


I don't know who did this cover, but dang, I like it! That hombre's gonna read 'em from the book, no doubt about it. There was a discussion about WALT COBURN'S WESTERN MAGAZINE earlier this week on the PulpMags email group, and that prompted me to take a look at the covers on that pulp and pick out one I like for this post. Seeing as how WALT COBURN'S WESTERN MAGAZINE was a reprint pulp, the editors had plenty of good stories to choose from. In this issue, we have a Walt Coburn novella, naturally, and also stories from Cliff Farrell, Ray Nafziger, Robert E. Mahaffey, Jay Lucas, and Lloyd Eric Reeve. That's a pretty good bunch of authors.

4 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

That guy's got a kind of Richard BOone/Paladin look.

James Reasoner said...

I can see that.

Anonymous said...

His face makes me think of Hugh O'Brian.

James Reasoner said...

Yep, I can see that, as well. And a little Robert Taylor, too.