Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Startling Stories, March 1949


That's an Earle Bergey cover on this issue of STARTLING STORIES, of course, and I can see why Bergey's work moved copies off the newsstands while annoying some of the more serious-minded SF fans at the same time. However, I don't see how anybody can argue with the line-up of authors in this issue: Ray Bradbury, Jack Vance, Clifford D. Simak, Murray Leinster, Noel Loomis, L. Ron Hubbard (writing as Rene Lafayette), and Robert Moore Williams. I'm sure it was a very entertaining issue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cover.

Adventuresfantastic said...

The good news? i have a complete run of this pulp that has been scanned onto CD.

Barry Traylor said...

Some decent stories in this issue. I have a fair run of this title. Just checked my index and my run is complete from 1943 on.