Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Body of Lies

BODY OF LIES is a pretty good thriller about a CIA field agent (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his handler (Russell Crowe) trying to track down a terrorist mastermind in the Middle East. There’s almost no politics in this movie, which is fine with me. Instead it’s an anti-terrorism procedural with some classic espionage movie elements added to it, such as the abundant double- and triple-crosses and the fact that hardly anybody is telling the truth. There’s plenty of gritty action (not surprising since the movie was directed by Ridley Scott), tiny touches of humor here and there, and good performances by everyone involved. I don’t recall hearing much about this one when it came out, so I didn’t really know what to expect, but I enjoyed the movie and think that it’s well worth watching.

1 comment:

Mark Terry said...

I liked it quite a bit. I didn't think it was quite as good at The Traitor (right title?) with Don Cheadle, which was similar, but very good.