Monday, April 03, 2006

Doctor's Office Reading

I took my mom to the doctor today for a checkup, and the wait was really long. Luckily I took a book with me, as I try to do any time I'm going to be sitting and waiting somewhere, and I noticed that three other people in the waiting room were also reading. So naturally, as I always do when I see someone reading in public, I tried to sneak a look at the titles of their books. (I'm sure some of you do the same thing.) The elderly gentleman to my right was reading OREGON!, one of the Wagons West series by Dana Fuller Ross. Now, I've written some books under the name Dana Fuller Ross in my time, but OREGON! isn't one of them. The lady sitting directly across from me was reading BLOOD TEST by Jonathan Kellerman. I have to admit I've never read anything by Kellerman, although I think I once saw a TV-movie based on one of his books. The lady sitting next to her was also reading a paperback, but I never could see what it was. Based on the size of it, I would guess a category romance, but really it could have been almost anything.

As for me, I was reading THE DRAMATIST by Ken Bruen. More about that when I've finished it.

And by the way, my mom's doing fine, especially for somebody who just turned 90 a few days ago.

No comments: