Tuesday, September 13, 2005

IAMTW

I've talked about tie-in novels and movie novelizations on this blog before, and there's now an organization for writers of these sorts of books. The International Association of Media Tie-In Writers was formed recently by Lee Goldberg and Max Allan Collins and now has an official website up and running for both members and prospective members. I'm a member of IAMTW (my WALKER, TEXAS RANGER tie-in novels qualify me for membership) and I think it's going to be an excellent organization. Check out the website if you've written tie-in books, would like to write tie-in books, or just like to read in that genre. There are already quite a few interesting articles posted about the business, the craft, and the art of writing tie-in novels and movie novelizations.

As for me, I'd love to do more tie-in books. I really enjoyed writing the Walker novels.

No comments: